On Thu, Aug 23 2018 at 11:49 -0700, beckie...@gmail.com writes:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 5:10 AM, Janusz S. Bień <jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:
>
>  > I already provide this myself for my uses of the PUA as well as the
>  > CSUR and any vendor-specific agreements I can find:
>  >
>  > http://www.kreativekorp.com/charset/PUADATA/
>
>  I would prefer to see the data in a repository, so others can can
>  comment and contribute.
>
> That is actually my intent for the future. Though it's not quite ready yet:
>
> https://github.com/kreativekorp/charset/tree/master/puadata

Great!

> That's the data in a "pre-compiled" form; it's turned into a "proper"
> PUADATA directory using this script:
>
> https://github.com/kreativekorp/charset/blob/master/bin/build-public.py
>
>  As for "any vendor-specific agreements", do MUFI and LINCUA qualify?
>
> I certainly do want to see MUFI and LINCUA provided in this form, but
> I put them in a different category along with CSUR. I basically have
> three categories of PUA agreements:
>
> Fonts - PUA assignments specific to a font family, e.g. Constructium,
> Fairfax, Nishiki-teki, Quivira, Junicode, etc.

You are probably aware that Junicode 1.000, released in September 2017,
supports in full MUFI 4.0  (released in December 2015). I don't know
whether Junicode contains now any PUA characters which are not in MUFI.

> Public - PUA agreements meant to be widely used, e.g. CSUR, UCSUR,
> MUFI, LINCUA, etc.
>
> Vendors - PUA assignments meant to be used by a single vendor or
> platform, e.g. Adobe, Apple, etc. but also Linux, MirOS, etc.
>
> Thank you for those links by the way. I had tried to find charts for
> MUFI in the past but had somehow been unsuccessful.

Similar files for different purpose has been created by Mikkel Eide
Eriksen:

https://github.com/mikkelee/mufi-latex

An earlier version of MUFI was incorporated in the ENRICH Gaiji bank:

http://v2.manuscriptorium.com/apps/gbank/

You can download the source but it doesn't seem useful.

A version of MUFI is available also as a searchable character database
created by the present single-person MUFI board, i.e. Tarrin Wills, as a
part of the beta version of a new MUFI site:

http://skaldic.abdn.ac.uk/m.php?p=mufi

Some time ago I wrote on the mufi-fonts list:

On Sun, Dec 03 2017 at  6:55 +0100, jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl writes:

[...]

> I wanted the file quickly to get an overview of the recently released
> corpus of 16th century Polish, and it's seemed to me that the simplest
> and fastest way is to convert the PDF recommendation in a semi-automatic
> way. It was more cumbersome than I expected, but thanks to this approach
> I've discovered a typo in the recommendation: letter I instead of digit
> 1 in EAFI, the code for LATIN ENLARGED LETTER SMALL LIGATURE AE (p. 93
> in the code chart order version).
>
> For the planned extension of the program I need more info on MUFI
> characters, preferably in the format of the UnicodeData.txt. This time
> however I intend to make haste slowly, so I have a question:
>
> Is it possible to make publicly available for download the database
> underlying http://skaldic.abdn.ac.uk/db.php?if=mufi&table=mufi_char?

Unfortunately I got no answer to the question.

>  > Of course there is no way to get software to use this information.
>
>  What kind of software do you have in mind?
>
> Unicode-related utilities, text editors to start with. You pretty much
> hit the nail on the head with uniname and emacs as examples. :)

Thanks! As for uniname by Bill Poser, I exchanged mails with him in
2011:

[...]

Now https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/unihistext

On Sun, Aug 28 2011 at 16:03 -0700, billpos...@gmail.com writes:
> In principle, sure. I'll have a look at it.

Unfortunatelly nothing happened, and I thought I should not press the
point.

Best regards

Janusz

--