> From: Egmont Koblinger <egm...@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 15:42:51 +0100
> Cc: Richard Wordingham <richard.wording...@ntlworld.com>,
>       unicode Unicode Discussion <unicode@unicode.org>
>
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:28 PM Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > You can have what you call the "explicit mode" if you set the variable
> > bidi-display-reordering to nil.
>
> So, if someone is running a mixture of applications requiring implicit
> vs. explicit modes, they'll have to continuously toggle the setting of
> their terminal back and forth.

Why would they want to toggle it back and forth?  What are the use
cases where it makes sense to mix both modes?  IME, you either need
one or the other, never both.

In any case, I'm just trying to help you map your requirements into
existing Emacs features.  If this is not helpful, feel free to
disregard.

> Now, I, as a user, want BiDi to work as seamlessly as possible,
> definitely without me having to repeatedly switch a setting back and
> forth if the applications could just as well do it automatically. One
> of the basics of my spec.
>
> Whether Emacs will adopt this, or will keep requiring users to toggle
> this setting back and forth depending on the particular app they wish
> to run, is not my call.

You can hardly expect Emacs (or any other application) to support
control sequences that are not yet defined, let alone standardized.
When they become sufficiently widely available, I'm sure someone will
add them to Emacs.