The Wikipedia page states, U+0310 is a general-purpose combining
diacritical mark. I would treat it similar like U+0308 (COMBINING
DIAERESIS) or U+030C (COMBINING CARON), which are both characters with
multiple names and different meanings depending on the script and the
language. The main benefit of these general-purpose combining
diacritical marks is, that they can be applied to many characters if
needed. I don’t think, it is a good idea to remove this versatility. At
least one example exists, where someone used the combining candrabindu
for a constructed language as the upside-down counterpart to the
combining fermata. http://randomguy32.de/conlang/000/writing/

Best regards,

Marius