Hi Bruce!

Do you mean implementation of C-interface through loadfunc()?
If true, I must to mention that unicon's implementation of it is not cross-platform yet. As for icon itself. For Linux or cygwin it's working but for native Windows not. At least I didn't managed to make work it on Windows. It would be great if someone fix it.
As for Java and Oracle I don't agree. I myself use Oracle since 1988 and can see real edge between open source and commercial products. Oracle bought MySQL for example before buying Sun, but it didn't stop evolution of open source clones of MySQL. Now people have excellent and more advanced than the original product - MariaDB and WebScaleSQL servers. The same for Java, it can not be close sourced and must stay open sourced. You have mentioned about files to court from Oracle, but they regarding other software giants - Google or Apple, but not ordinary programmers. I still may use Java as I want, why not if it's great and useful? Of course, I respect your position do not use anything from money-oriented Larry Ellison.

Thank you,
Sergey Logichev