Good evening to all this beautiful night,

I am putting this question to the group and not posing this a private
question for Clinton so that there is a public record of both question
and answer for others as well.

The question is

Is there any need now for using $ in referencing a superclass over the
use of . In referencing the same superclass?

 From the current implementation and from the usage within the Unicon
distribution, it appears that $ is not actually needed.

Is my understanding actually correct or am I missing some subtle effect
of the use of $?

regards

Bruce Rennie