Please, finish your fight successfully!
Good luck!
Sergey

03.08.2016, 10:27, "btiffin" <btif...@vivaldi.net>:

On 2016-08-03 08:10, Sergey Logichev wrote:

 Hello Brian!
 I have got a very deep impression about your work! That's great! I
 mean http://peoplecards.ca/unicon
 Unfortunately, I am not interested in COBOL, so can't comment this
 your massive masterpiece.
 I would like to ask your about Unicon Pigments? I've never heard about
 it. How it can be used and where?
 I myself use for Unicon/Icon source highlighting the Notepad++ for
 Windows. As turned on now there are a range of another solutions, for
 example, Geany, Textadept or SynWrite.
 I am Icon/Unicon fan during last 25 years :-)

 Best regards,
 Sergey

I'm going to be a day or two, before I'd want to show anyone the
Icon/Unicon Pygments lexer, Sergey, but as soon as it's ready for beta
testing, I'll post a copy for the list.

Pygments is a Python utility, well integrated into DocUtils,
ReStructuredText, Sphinx doc gen etc.

Requires one small, one large change to get working. Highly dependent on
Python install path but if you use pip, and not distro repositories,
it'll be

~/.local/lib/pythonN.M/site-packages/pygments

Where N.M is python2.7 or 3.4 or what have you. From there

lexers/_mappings.py

insert a line for Unicon ala

     'UniconLexer': ('pygments.lexers.icon', 'Unicon', ('unicon',),
('*.icn',), ('text/unicon',)),

(and one for Icon)

Then (which is where I'll be focusing some time over the next bit, is)

lexers/icon.py

And you start scratching your head on the best way to manage all the
regular expressions. And then you fight with colour schemes. :-)

Then when it passes sample testing, it gets submitted it to Georg Brandl
and Team Pocoo, then shortly after that it'll show up on any website
that uses Pygments (many) or other Python based systems.

As a for instance, on a SourceForge Bug report

~~~
::c
some c code
~~~

And the code listing will be highlighted on the bug report. That's
Pygments, 100s of lexers available already. And hopefully soon, it'll
accept

~~~
::unicon
some better code
~~~

On Wikipedia, it's

<syntaxhighlight lang="cobol">
        IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
        PROGRAM-ID. hello-world.
        PROCEDURE DIVISION.
            DISPLAY "Hello, world!"
            .
</syntaxhighlight>

To get the Pygments engine, which is called even from that mainly PHP
codebase.

Cheers,
Brian