Sergy,You must use sudo for apt-get.This completed with no errors for me:
sudo apt-get install x11-common

Dick McCullough

From: slogic...@yandex.ru
To: rhmccullo...@outlook.com; unicon-group@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:12:11 +0300
Subject: Re: [Unicon-group] Bash on Ubuntu on Windows

Dick,Thank you for such useful comments.Do you know how to install X11 binaries
on Win10? I discovered that to run X11 application from bash you need to instal
Xming server from sourceforge. That's working, really. But when I try to build
Unicon with graphics "make X-Configure" says that X11 libraries and headers are
missed. "apt-get install x11-common" doesn't install anything due to some
access error. So, now I can use bash only for pre-builded graphical Ubuntu
applications.Sergey 22.09.2016, 14:45, "Richard H. McCullough"
<rhmccullo...@outlook.com>:A few comments which you may find useful. 1. Windows
Subsystem for Linux is a beta version, only available in Windows 10 version
1607 and later.2. The current version does not allow you to execute Windows
.exe files.     You can access any Windows files via /mnt/c/, limited by
Windows permissions.3. The Windows Bash command (C:/Windows/System32/bash.exe)
is a little different from     the Ubuntu bash command (/bin/bash).
"bash.exe ~" opens the Bash window in your Ubuntu home directory (e.g.
/home/rhm)     "bash.exe ~ --login" also executes your .profile or
.bash_profile4. ssh from a remote machine will put you in your Windows home
directory (e.g. C:/Users/rhm)    running the Windows shell (cmd.exe).
Executing "/windows/system32/bash.exe ~ --login" then works as described above.
   If your SSH Server services disappear, you need to rerun the enable WSL
command in PowerShell.

Dick McCullough