Thanks to everyone who sent me benchmarks.

Things I've noticed:

1. Unicon 13 is generally faster than Unicon 12.  Range is 5% to 400%, typical
might be 70-80%.

2. We improved our calculation of CPU clock speed on Linux; need to develop one
on MacOS.

3. Some Concurrent benchmarks run slower than sequential on some folks'
machines. Range is 6x slowdown to 12x speedup.

     I think it is fair to say some pthreads implementations are better than
others, and some CPUs better than others for threading.

     The range of numbers will also be helpful for future study.

Clint