Good morning to all this lovely day,

Reading the various responses to Clinton's original message on [unicon -C ==> -fs tweak], gives rise to a question.

How many people actively use the iconc over iconx?

Since I started using Icon back in 1986, I have never come across a situation where I have ever used iconc. As a matter of course, I always use iconx. If the program is too slow, I rewrite it to speed it up, change the algorithm, change the data structures, etc.

What sort of programs do people write that necessitate the use of iconc?

I note that one of the advantages of iconc is the type inferencing that is used, what would it take to include this in the unicon compiler itself?

regards

Bruce Rennie