In my vacuflush head, the ball does not fully return to the closed position
after a flush. I can lift up on the flush handle and it then seals properly.
The fact that it closes ¾ of the way tells me the spring is intact. It
suddenly started happening when I flushed. As I depressed the foot handle,
it felt like something gave way. After that, the ball never returned to the
closed position on its own.

Any thoughts?

Doug