When maximizing the installed programs in the Application Lens there are
way too many icons that are meaningless to average users, cluttering the
'Installed' scope and reducing the usefulness furthermore. Just an idea
popped up to my mind on how to reduce the clutter a bit without loosing
functionality:

Replace all system settings related entries by one system setting icon.

If e.g. a user types 'privacy' in the Dash, instead of displaying the
privacy icon (current state), the system setting icon appears with an
additional text 'privacy' – see
Mock-up<https://launchpadlibrarian.net/100460380/dash_remove_system_settings_clutter.png>.
When the user clicks on the icon, he  gets directly to the privacy options
in the system settings.

This way we reduce the clutter by 23 icons without reducing functionality!

See bug #975340 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/975340>

What do you think?