On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Dylan McCall <dylanmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with the original poster that the column sort buttons are not
> easily
> discoverable. I think that's the key reason why they would confuse
> someone who clicks them by accident. That they _can_ be clicked by
> accident strikes me as a non-issue. Anything can be clicked by
> accident.

I think the clicked-by-accident problem is an underrated problem. Which
other UI element has the potential to make a "normal application" with
>>one click<< nearly unusable? Unusable not for only one session, nope, it
saves the sorting pattern → app seams broken for ever.
This is a real world problem, I've multiple times rearranged the sorting
for an elderly man in Thunderbird (he has the same problem in Nautilus but
not enough files to get lost there). Thats an special use case, I know, but
I think it should not be that easy to "break an application".