While walking down a street in London, UK, where I was living and going to 
school, I saw what looked like graffiti on the walls and pavement.  My 
companion remarked at how imaginative the advertising was that the Rolling 
Stones were using for their new album and tour, circa 1974.

I guess it can be backward or avant garde.
Sande Knight 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dan Widyono<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
  Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
  Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:31 AM
  Subject: Re: [UC] Kingsessing


  > "Kingsessing is a place.  SOBA is a marketing  slogan."

  I thought SOBA was a noodle?  Whodathunk.

  I've been teaching my son about marketing (advertising on TV, radio,
  newspapers, magazines, etc.).  On a walk outside he spotted an advertisement
  sign and said "they're even on signs!"  Yep.

  This entire sticker debate has given me more fodder!  I'll look out for these
  wonderful freely available educational tools as we wander through the 'hood.

  Dan W.
  ----
  You are receiving this because you are subscribed to the
  list named "UnivCity." To unsubscribe or for archive information, see
  <http://www.purple.com/list.html<http://www.purple.com/list.html>>.

Reply via email to