I do not have all the details yet, but a bike was stolen from a porch on
the 4700 block of Baltimore.
The wooden Porch Railing that it was chained to was severely damaged.

It seems clear that a serial thief is in our midst and we need to
exercise greater precautions until the thief is caught and stopped (if
necessary via lengthy detention).  I hope you and your property are and
remain safe.

Meanwhile, this bike was the primary form of transportation for a
eco-friendly, female grad student.
So if anyone has an obsoleted or extra bicycle that (must be functioning,
or within just a few dollars of working) that they can donate (or sell
cheaply) that could suit a young woman about 5'7" tall, please let me
know off list.

Other spare bikes, including kids bikes, helmets and parts, might be
welcome donations at the Neighborhood Bike Works.
NBW is a good organization that helps people, especially kids, learn to
respect and repair equipment, appreciate the environment, gain better
understanding of cost versus value, and learn and follow rules in a
cooperative environment.
I just checked out their site and saw a notice about summer camps.

http://www.neighborhoodbikeworks.org/
ATTENTION:
Neighborhood Bike Works is offering 4 Earn-a-Bike Summer Camps. Spaces
are limited! Click here to download the application. Feel free to contact
us should you have any questions or concerns.

Best!
Liz