>   I asked for and was given  a big cup of diet coke, which was checked by
> the ucd guards as I exited the place, to be sure I wasn't taking beer with
> me.
> ------------------------------

The picture of the ucd guards checking Ms. Tilley's cup to make sure she
wasn't taking beer with her is the most potent image one could possibly
imagine about this little soiree.

Did they sniff it? Dip a finger in and taste it? Give her a breathalyzer?
Make her walk a straight line?

Will the "ucd guards" be on regular duty once Das Deutschmann Essenhaus und
Brau Pub opens to perform similar checks? As usual in this neighborhood, the
mind boggles over with possibilities.

--
Ross Bender
http://rossbender.org