To: UnivCity@list.purple.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:11
Subject: [UC] New detective

A Philadelphia Policeman posted this to PhillyBlog. I feel certain there
are people on the list who have a thing or two to say:

I just wanted to inform the readers of the University City/West Philly
thread that I have been reassigned to the Special Investigations Unit of
SWDD.

Myself and another detective are now responsible for 18th District
Robberies and Burglaries. The 18th District covers south of Market St
from 30th to Cobbs Creek. The southern border is to Baltimore Ave in most
cases to give you a general idea of the area.

Being that we are going to be held repsonsible for robberies in the area,
I would prefer that we didnt have that many to handle in the first place.
I would rather be proactive in preventing robberies as opposed to showing
up after the fact every time and trying to solve them.

Not living in the area, I would like to hear some opinions from residents
on how to protect you. What I mean is, what areas do you avoid? Where
have you had bad experiences and where do you feel the least safe in
general? I can look at crime maps and guess, but I prefer to hear from
you.

I have my ideas already about what to do at a certain spot....getting
lighting and a greater police presence at the 46th St El stop being
number 1. There are too many robberies on Farragut St regarding Septa
commuters and if you go out there at night you can see why.

Any and all input is appreciated and welcome.

http://www.phillyblog.com/philly/showthread.php?t=37571

Frank