The symbolic often carries more weight than the actual.

I am grateful for the opportunity to take Philosophy courses and read
Heinlein.
I don't always remember to practice what I've learned, but am happy to
know that
        even if the front of the house I see might be Yellowish ferrous
brick
        the side might be Salmon colored bricks, and
        the back Cedar siding.

Thanks to folks like Al and Karen who help me read between the lines and
anticipate the dangers beneath the surface of our local icebergs.

And thanks to Wilma, whose memories reveal the real.

Thanks also to someone who sent me a forward that made me LOL, and speaks
to problems with perception.
If you don't read me, or don't read forwards, you might miss something
that might brighten and enlighten your day.
:-)

Begin forwarded message:

I had a bunch of Canadian dollars I needed to
exchange, so I went to the currency exchange window at the local bank.

Short line.

Just one guy in front of me . . . an Asian guy who was
trying to exchange yen for dollars and he was a little irritated . ..

He asked the teller, "Why it change?? Yestoday, I get
two hunat dolla fo yen. Today I get hunat eighty?? Why it change?"

The teller shrugged his shoulders and said,
"Fluctuations".

The Asian guy says, "Fluc you white people, too!"
Best!
Liz

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:46:07 -0400 KAREN ALLEN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>