Glenn and Tony,

Please stop imagining my (anyone's) hurt feelings, or talking for
me-others, to fuel this nonsense feud.

To save your guess work, my positions are shown below.

I want the park maintained and improved.
Many "Friends" and many unaffiliated volunteers help do that.
Those who do good work, with or without personal agenda, have my thanks.
In the matters of  removing litter, action not intention, gets my
attention.
My gratitude extends to those I know do the work, and those who do it
without seeking credit or attention.
In my travels through life and our neighborhood, I am often awed by the
numbers and names of people doing good work.
There are more people contributing, and often many who are unexpected or
not credited.
I have enjoyed many happy surprises in discovering some of the people who
improve our quality of life and this neighborhood.

I do not want to see to many permanent alterations.
I was opposed to the Basketball court expansion.
I remain opposed to many printed proposals including:
        Moving Nell
        Moving the Memorial Stone
        Adding a Dog Park
        Adding a Storage Shed for the "Farmers" of the weekly market.
        Removing healthy trees

I am okay with the using the Park as a Playground for our youngest
children.
This was, after all, Clark's stated goal.
And it fits with my beliefs and desires.
But I don't think it should be reduced to a Recreation Center.
I like it as an Urban Oasis.
I like it as a place to find quiet and solitude, and as a place to bond
friendships and families, and to walk dogs (on leashes and with
poo-bags).
I don't want Clark Park overused or abused.
I do want to see better, and more diverse uses of our existing Rec
Centers.
No one can "humiliate" me but myself.
I don't cede that power to Tony or Glenn or to any Community
Organization.
I manage quite well on my own.

I don't mind occasional self congratulations.
I believe that many Volunteers need
        a sincere invitation
        some recognition and thanks
        a sense that they are not "Chumps" but
                part of a surprisingly large volunteer force.
I choose to say some of what I do to encourage others to speak up or join
in.
I do not let the dismissals of people who call me vain or attention
seeking bother me.
I am healed and encouraged by those who are moved to work beside me or
who let me know, often off-list, that they have contributes in some other
way.
I also believe that there is value in Anonymous donations.
Sometimes it lets us imagine who "Anonymous" is and lets us think well of
people in general.
It also lets "Anonymous" choose contacts, instead of being added to the
list of those who are called upon to do, or contribute to, everything.

I like Tony and his writing style.
I value many of Glenn's writings.
I read both with some skepticism.

I don't believe Tony has or wants the "representative" power that Glenn
assigns him.
I also don't believe that FoCP is any where near as inclusive as Tony
claims.
Further, trying to exclude me is like trying to sweep water up hill.
I am not afraid to tackle problem spots or people.
I don't have the time to make any consistent, organized commitment to the
Park, but I pick up litter on my walks through the park, and I jump in,
vigorously, if I see a need and fell able to make a contribution of words
or money.  And I try to honor the other commitments that I make.
I encourage all to pursue volunteering in the areas that hold interest
for them.
In this way, our community will be better served an with better spirit.

All the best in 2008 and beyond.

Liz

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:42:12 -0500 "Glenn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>