In a message dated 12/22/2009 9:14:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
glen...@earthlink.net writes:

I just  got a letter from Blue Cross.  They are ending their Personal
Choice Plan  and converting to junk insurance by the end of Feb.
Being an old coot, I'm on Medicare (which increased the amount they
withhold from my social security payment, but not by too much).

I was on Blue Cross' Keystone 65 -- a so-called "Medicare Advantage Plan."
Some years they charged me $30 per month for this, some it was $15 per
month,  some it was free ... go figure!

Anyway, this year they discontinued it and instead offered something much
more expensive (on top of what's already deducted from Social Security).

I looked around and decided to switch to an Aetna Medicare Advantage. Also
free as long as I was willing to fork over a little more in co-payments.

Anyway, Aetna looked pretty good all around, so I'd suggest you look at
their website and see if they have something that's reasonable for
self-employed  young whippersnappers, too.

Alan  Krigman
KRF Management, ICON/Information Concepts Inc
211 S 45th St,  Philadelphia PA 19104-2918
215-349-6500, fax 215-349-6502
krf...@aol.com  or _al.krig...@krf.icodat.com_
(mailto:al.krig...@krf.icodat.com)

PS: I am not employed by, nor receive any commissions from, Aetna. And I
won't be starting with them until 1/1/10 so, for all I know, they may be very
 tight with their "referrals" when something come up that's beyond my
primary  care physician (who, incidentally, is the same person I had with
Keystone  65).