In case you're concerned about the new zoning code -- here's your chance to
 see the draft and ask questions. I just received the message  below from
Richard Redding of the City Planning Commission.

Al Krigman

____________________________________

____________________________________

As we all know, Philadelphia's current zoning  code is out-of-date.  The
proposed new zoning code promises to be fair,  transparent, sensible, and
smart, but we recognize it contains many changes.  We want community
organizations to be well-informed about the proposed new  code and we are
continuing to
reach out and assist in this regard.

The staff of the Philadelphia City  Planning Commission (PCPC) is sending
you this reminder that the Zoning Code  Commission (ZCC) has published a
draft of the new zoning code and we are  available to review any questions or
concerns that you may have.  A draft  of the new code, and other helpful
information, is available at  www.zoningmatters.org.  If you have questions or
concerns about the new  code, there are a variety of ways to get answers from
PCPC and ZCC staff and  Commissioners.

First, as announced  at the ZCC meeting on March 2, 2011, the Zoning Code
Commission will host a  series of stakeholder meetings, which have been
dubbed as "Zoning Code  Stakeholder X-Changes."  We invite you and other
stakeholders to talk to  staff and Commissioners about the proposed changes to
the
Code during these  X-Changes.   Eight X-changes will be held between March
8th and May 3rd at  1515 Arch Street on the 12th floor. The intent is to
provide an opportunity for  residents to understand how the new code will work
for their neighborhood.  Although there is a "focus" item for each X-Change,
participants will be  able to ask questions and receive information about
other sections of the code.  A schedule is attached.

Second, you can attend meetings of the Zoning Code Commission.  Citizens
can make comments at the meetings, which take place at 8:00am in  Room 18029
on the 18th floor of 1515 Arch Street.  Upcoming meetings are  scheduled for
April 13 and May 11.

Third, PCPC's Community Planning staff is available to meet with  you or
your organization to help explain the new zoning code and how it is  designed
to work in your community.  A planner can attend the evening  meeting of
your community association, or your members can request a meeting at  our
offices during the workday.  Contact information for Community Planners
appears
below, and a map of Community Planners and their planning districts is
attached to this email as a .PDF document.

We look forward to working with you.

-----------------------------------

Community Planning staff:

Lower Far Northeast