You know those stores some people who didn't know what they were doing
built "on spec" on the northwest corner of 45th & Walnut? The ones that  nobody
ever rented -- and that actually aren't really finished on the  inside?

A "For Sale" sign just went up where there used to be a "for lease"  sign.

I feel bad for the people who put in their money (and their hopes) and will
 probably take a bath on the sale ... if someone comes along and buys the
property during their lifetimes. But, from my albeit limited involvement
with this sort of thing, I believe they would have done poorly even if the
bottom didn't drop out of the economy in 2008. No parking, for example, would
make the businesses dependent largely on walk-ins.

Alan Krigman
KRF Management, ICON/Information Concepts  Inc
211 S 45th St, Philadelphia PA 19104-2918
215-349-6500, fax  215-349-6502
krf...@aol.com or  al.krig...@krf.icodat.com