Supposedly our wonderful LCB announced earlier that a few liquor stores
would be open today, but I have not managed to find one yet, despite driving
by a couple of places that were advertised earlier as going to be open.  BUT
.fortunately, a friend went to the new Fresh Grocer on Gray's Ferry, and
called to say they are selling wine today.

...most people around here know that our liquor rules are horribly outdated,
but if you ever want to know how bad it can get, just speak to someone (like
me) who, for many years, had a liquor license for his restaurant.  [To cite
just one example, our original license regulations said that we were NOT
permitted to advertise that our drinks were "of pre-war strength."  We
always wondered .what war are they talking about?!]

Roger