I'm running the latest Ubuntu beta (more specifically Kubuntu). The
version of MySQL is 5.1 however squeezeboxserver seems to want older
versions of MySQL. I've forced it to install regardless of that and it's
been working flawlessly. My only issue at this point is that I get
dependency error messages every time I upgrade anything else on my
system. So when I want to install other upgrades, I have to uninstall
squeezeboxserver, install the upgrades, then force a reinstall of
squeezeboxserver.

It seems to me that since squeezeboxserver does work just fine with
MySQL 5.1 there would be a nice way to put an end to this dependency
issue. Anyone have a suggestion for me? Or do I need to wait for a new
version?

Thanks.

--
owlyph