jimbres;483182 Wrote:
> To those of you who upgraded to 9.10 from an earlier version of Ubuntu:
> how did you expect to benefit from this? After all, 9.04 will be
> supported until late next year.

Just a different upgrade/maintenance philosophy.  A common strategy in
the open-source world is to keep up-to-date on "stable" releases.  What
you're doing is being a little more cautious, figuring that the REAL
"stable" is stable + a few months of bug fixes.  What do I get?  A bunch
of new features sooner.  Plus a few issues to work out, but I'm OK with
that.  My experience with ubuntu distro upgrades has been OK, and every
one has had fewer problems than the previous.

--
alex.yz