Hi,

I've found that bug as well, after reading that it occured to me it
might be a lot of work to get it to work under 12.2 so i downgraded
after 3 days of debugging.

I'm not a noob with perl but I am with the cvs structure of LMS and how
the compiling of the libs goes.
I will put some effort into it if I can find the time for it.

On the other hand I packaged all the required perl modules for opensuse
in the open build service.

Getting logitech media service to work on opensuse 12.1 is now reduced
to 5 simple steps

Add my repo :
zypper ar -f
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/robverduijn:/squeezebox/openSUSE_12.1
squeezebox

install the dependencies for LMS
zypper in perl-DBD-SQLite perl-DBI perl-HTML-Parser perl-JSON-XS
perl-YAML-LibYAML perl-Sub-Name perl-Class-XSAccessor perl-Audio-Scan
perl-EV perl-Image-Scale

get the squeezebox rpm
wget
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.7.2/logitechmediaserver-7.7.2-1.noarch.rpm

for some reason LMS can't find its own modules so a symbolic link is
needed
ln -s /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim/
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.14.2/Slim

start the server
/etc/init.d/squeezebox start

surf to the webpage
servername:9000

p.s. don't forget to open up your firewall if you run one.

enjoy