bakker_be wrote:
> OK, I'll let you tinker and find another passtime myself. Daughter's
> sick, off to the doctor I go :(

Right, this comes under the caveat, that it works just fine, but you'll
have to do a bit of DIY yourself to use, getting uboot onto a card and
editing 2 files on your R8 image before you can run it this way.

Scenario is, SDCARD with uboot on cpu card sdcard slot, OS on sdcard in
carrier board slot.

Instructions....

NB. All my instructions assume a Linux box and sdcard reader. You want
to use something else to do this. You're on your own! ;)

Blank SDCARD for uboot card. You need to get uboot attached to this post
on it, either the one with dual or quad in the name, depending on your
hardware.

Plug intended uboot ONLY SDCARD into Linux desktop. The following
assumes the card is recognised as /dev/sde. dmesg will tell you what
device name it has been given.

  sudo dd if=u-boot.imx-dual-boot-mmc1 of=/dev/sde bs=1k seek=1
  sync
  sudo eject /dev/sde

--------------------

Now you need to mount the R8 image on your Linux desktop and edit 2
files. (There isn't a nicer way to deal with fstab using UUID's or
LABEL. We're not using an initramfs, which means we have to use
/dev/hardware_name.)

a) You need to edit uEnv.txt on boot partition, specifically changing
"mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p3 ro" to "mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk1p3 ro".
b) You need to edit /etc/fstab on the boot partition. You need to change
all references to "mmcblk0" to "mmcblk1". There are 3. One for boot, one
for root, and one commented for swap.

Then unmount.

Now you put the uboot sdcard into cpu card slot and your OS image into
carrier board slot. Job done!