Triode wrote:
> Mainly because it offers all we need as a player only solution with a
> usb dac.  Its got a real usb implementation which is much better than
> the Pi and also has more cpu power.   It can run squeezelite and
> jivelite fine on its single core (which can be a stress for a Pi).
> Price is also not too bad.  It does not have on board wifi, but arch
> supports usb wifi adaptors and the one I have works out of the box. I
> think the dual core version with msata is likely to be a viable server
> with a flash card in the msata port.  The other advantage is that
> there's a more up to date linux kernel for it than the Wandboard which
> includes patches to support spdif bitrates etc so there is no need for
> the SoA custom kernel.  That said - its really the same hardware as the
> Wandboard in a different form factor...

Hi Adrian,

I'm just trying this out with a 1TB mSata card. Starting with a new
card, you have to ssh into the Hummingboard and partition the card, then
create a new file system /dev/sda1, add a /storage mount point for
/dev/sda using the SoA UI, then enable samba and add /storage to samba
(in the SoA UI). After rebooting I was able to see the shared folder
from my OSX machine but couldn't copy any files into it. I have since
changed the owner of /storage to nobody:nobody and rebooted, and it is
now copying music files over on to the mSata drive. I have installed LMS
already so my next step is to set that up and see how it performs, so I
will report back in a day or so.

As you can't really plug mSata drives easily into another computer to
set them up it would be helpful to have a short step by step guide for
getting an internal mSata drive running with LMS and showing how to copy
your music files onto it over the network. I'm a unix novice - when SOA
created the /storage mount point, should it have changed the ownership
to nobody:nobody?

If this works OK I'll try to get ad-hoc wireless working and see if it
can be used as a standalone server/player controlled via iPeng.

Regards, Steve.