Greg Erskine wrote:
> After some testing, I can confirm these times are "normal" for a Reboot
> "i.e. shutdown, boot, check configuration files, start wireless
> networking, start numerous programs including squeezelite" for a
> Raspberry Pi Model A+ running piCorePlayer 1.18b.
> BTW: I was able to upgrade from piCorePlayer1.18b to piCorePlayer1.19
> using the following steps, 1. Upgrade pCP, 2. Reboot, 3. IMPORTANT: Save
> on "Squeezelite settings" page. 4. Reboot.
> pCP 1.19 seems to reboot a few seconds quicker, but my measuring
> technique is not very accurate to state it categorically.

I managed to update to 1.19, in my tests it now starts about 2-3 seconds
quicker.  This is still quite long and a WAF killer... :rolleyes: :o
Is this related to the a+ or are these about 60 seconds also normal for
the B/B+ with WLAN-only network?

Is it maybe possible to reassemble a absolute plain a+ image without all
the lan, usb-dac and other dac stuff? Or are these parts only loaded
when it is installed/configured anyway?

BR aHi