LeSpocky wrote:
> And here's one of them.
> :-/

Hi and welcome here..

to be honest - its not fair your first post and ends with a sad
face:confused:

I use debian aswell on a i386 Machine and it runs fine (off course
Perl-Version: 5.18.2)

To be clear i am pretty sure there is a way but if you look deeper in
this forum you will notice here are not much Pcguys like on other forums
most of the users here (and outside aswell) are kind of "Users".

Reading the word "Make" mostly says nothing to them, cause they are
endusers.
To publish a .deb package thats not always running at first attempt is
imho fine, cause "we" not Endusers like you and me can find out whats
going wrong and can support the others - if we're installing from
scratch everyone has his own bug/workarounds and its a waste of time?!

So feel free to open a new thread and support eg. Michael with your
knowledge.

btw: i am a Debian Admin since long time and some hickups are "normal"
after installing "new" Software on "older" enviroments.

Gruss

Jan