ralphy wrote:
> The log indicates that ffmpeg cannot decode the file.  Might be as
> simple as updating ffmpeg to the latest.
>
> Did you compile squeezelite yourself?
>
> If not, what OS binary are you using?
>
> Can you provide me a link where I can download one of the alac files
> that are known to be having issues?

hi Ralphy,
link is in the post...
http://www.linnrecords.com/recording-test-files.aspx click on
ALAC/192khz 'buy' *(price is 0 ) and try any of the tracks. If it works
for you then problem must be with OS or Squeezelite build.

Yes, I have compiled it muyself, under Armbian Ubunutu 16.04 on
Odroid-C2 (ARM aarch64 64bit linux). If you can play alac file @ 192khz
easily on Intel then issue is with FFMPEG (comes from ubuntu
repositories, precombiled) or with Squeezelite.

BTW, i also tried converrting simple FLAC 192khz file to ALAC 192khz -
if you dont want to spend 3-4 mins regiustering on Linn site, just do :

    ffmpeg -i inputlacfile192khz.flac  -c:a alac output192khzalac.m4a

I get the error messages even in that case as well and no sound.

EVERYTHING ELSE works well (FLAC @ any resolution, lossy M4A, realtime
upsampling/conversion to 192khz or 96khz including DFF/DSF files etc).

Thank you !