edwardthern wrote:
> Look at these crazy unsubstantiated, unproven, unscientific, tweaks used
> by Rune Audio...and thats just a small sample of their user sound
> profiles.
>
> They must be crazy........as a fox
>
> # mod1
> if [ "$1" == "ACX" ]; then
> echo -n performance >
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
> ifconfig eth0 mtu 9000
> echo noop > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
> echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_latency_ns
> echo 100000 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_min_granularity_ns
> echo 25000 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_check_count
> echo 20 > /proc/sys/vm/stat_interval
> echo -1 >  /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us
> echo 5 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
>

> You guys had better run over to Rune and set them straight.

I tried the tweaks above but really didn't like the change in sound for
the kernel latency and granularity. However the swappiness and the loop
had no negative effects. Will have to listen for awhile to really be
sure. Right now the bass his harder and I get way more air around the
instruments and vocals.

I might go back and apply the kernel latency mod but change the values
to be a little less aggressive. Best thing to do is to start at the
default and make small adjustments.