I've gone through the USB tweaks systematically, but haven't found a
combination that works cleanly (tests/results below). I did come across
the following link
(http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/my-solution-to-pops-and-clicks-t165.html)
which suggests that the following options worked:

    dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3
--------------------

Is there anywhere in the GUI that I can set "dwc_otg.fiq_enable"?

    D, D, 0xF - audio, but seems to buffer
  D, D, 0x8 - no audio, cracks
  D, D, 0x7 - audio, but seems to buffer
  D, D, 0x4 - no audio, cracks