This looks really interesting. Are you building from Ralphy's version ?
I hope so as the alternate VU meter therein is a must.

Yes, VU meters are there if run on the pCp.

I pushed my changes (https://github.com/michaelherger/jivelite/tree/piGrid) and sent a pull request to Ralphy.

If you want to give this a try: clone my repository and copy the PiGridSkin folder (only!) to your Pi. Log in and do (from wherever you copied the files to)

sudo mv PiGridSkin /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/

Then restart jivelite. It should then be available from Settings/Screen/Skins.

There are some limitations, though. Triode disabled the flick gesture for the grid view as the result was not smooth at all. I tried to re-enable it, but failed (so far).

And I just hit a menu which comes in a grid instead of a list... (Random Play) Will work on that.

--

Michael