paul- wrote:
> This is posted for insitu_upgrade.  Or burn a 'new image'
> (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/beta/piCorePlayer3.20beta7/).
>
> Kernel updated to 4.9.21
> Updated Boss driver, which is supposed to address the clicking between
> tracks when rate changes.
>
> Also, just an FYI, do not turn off your HDMI port with 3.20  (Tweaks
> page HDMI power)   If you do, your I2S soundcard will probably no longer
> work.  Reference.https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1949
>
> Once rpi fixes the issue, there will be one last update before release.

Paul, your FYI intrigued me, I admit to not noticing that option until
reading your post, so I followed your link and read through it and it
appeared to say that at 192kHz the clock will stop if tvservice is
turned off. As all my music is 16bit 44.1 and I have just left the DAC
parameters standard, I tried turning off the HDMI port to reduce power
draw. Music still plays and the Harry Potter lightning bolt hasn't
appeared since I tried this.
RPi 2B, Kali reclocker, I2S generic DAC on 2 pCps and a MamboBerry I2S
DAC.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
Three things I hate in life :
1. Vandalism
2. Irony
3. Lists