paul- wrote:
> Most of the sound development on the RPi system is for i2s sound cards.
> USB Dac's are always going to be problematic with the rpi.
>
> Post the specific information about your USB dac, and perhaps someone
> else has the same dac that has figured out settings that work.

I understand, but since the very same Rpi3 work great with the official
Raspian + MPD + the same USB DAC even to 384 kHz, I suppose that is
something not dependent to the HW.

Anyway the DAC is this: HiFace DAC by M2Tech
http://www.m2tech.biz/it/hiface_dac.html

I am listening right now and confirm that 3.11 is better that 3.20 and
playing without the touch LCD is better than with the LCD.

Moreover, since until 6 month ago I was running the "old" Rpi2, I can
confirm that on the Rpi2 pCP is really better than pure MPD: I suppose
that MPD cunsumes more CPU and the Rpi2 + MPD can not compete with PCP
that is very very light.

Thanks.