jcfergus wrote:
> I'm running 3.20 on an RPi 3. I was experiencing the same problem as
> others with it not recognizing the Raspberry Pi display.
> After installing the referenced extension using the Extensions page,
> Squeezelite will no longer start after either soft or cold reboot.
> The Extensions page indicates a couple of possible errors: the
> "dependency file" and "tree file don't exist", although I found an
> appropriately named .tree file in /tmp.
> The extension shows up in the /usr/local/tce.installed folder.
> The extensions files are in place in the correct folders, per the list
> file.
> I don't see any errors in the pcp_squeezelite.log file.
>
> Any suggestions on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

I may have solved this.
I reimaged a SD card and started over with the configuration using the
following sequence:
Resize FS, Set Rotation=0, Load Backlight extensions, Install JiveLite,
Enable Shairport Sync, update password, hostname and then the audio
output.
I had been using USB Audio as the audio output using the parameter,
FRONT:CARD=C20,DEV=0.
This appears to have been the problem. Changing it back to Analog caused
Squeezelite to run normally. After some experimentation, I finally
arrived at using sysdefault:CARD=C20
So far, this seems to work. I'm getting audio and I can control the
behavior of the display.