Well thanks a lot Paul and Roland, I actually got it to work :)

First off I made a fresh v3.22 image on the rpi3b and connected both
dacs.

I substituted the wording as directed by Paul.

I used Winscp to change the file, at first it refused me permission to
rename the asound.conf to asoundold.conf, so I just replaced the text
and pressed save.

Again I had a permissions refusal with, I think, code 3. Anyway i just
ignored that as the text seem to be saved, I did press "Backup" in the
web gui as directed by Greg.

Alas, when I started Radio Paradise, not a peep from either dac :eek:
(Using one set of headphones between the two).

Well it was nearly tea time and we all know a "Bear of little brain"
needs food, so I had a think and checked the Squeezelite page.

Good move on my part, as I had forgotten to change the output from
Analogue to USB, save and reboot and Radio Paradise plays.

Don't know if I'll ever use it properly, but a good exercise :cool:

Ronnie