corepi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the picoreplayer on several raspberry with hifiberry DAC+ pro.
> For certain setups I need a mono signal at the DAC output. In the ALSA
> configuration, i. e. before the DAC, I would like to turn the stereo
> stream into a mono signal, which the DAC only receives the mono signal.
>
> The change of asound.conf due to the beta settings of the Picoreplayer
> doesn't seem conclusive to me.
>
> How do I configure the stereo audio stream to be transferred as a mono
> signal to the DAC, the sound card?
> How is asound.conf changed? Where can I get complete documentation?

Are you looking at [Main Page] in [Beta] mode -> [Extras] -> [Asound]?

This is page is beta because it was really only written for myself to
play around with asound.conf but it works most of the time and if people
are playing around with asound.conf it may save some time and effort.
Note: It will definitely kill alsaequal.

> I can't cope with the input parameters of squeezelite-settings, the
> "help" (more) is not enough for me, (syntax of entries)
> How is asound.conf changed? Where can I get complete documentation?

We don't have a an expanded help for squeezelite. The standard
squeezelite help can be found via:

1. [Main Page] in [Beta] mode -> [Diagnostics] and look for [ INFO ]
Squeezelite help
2. http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/main_squeezelite.shtml and look
at the git locations at the bottom.

Squeezelite settings doesn't change asound.conf it only sets the command
line options of squeezelite.

Remember: You are changing asound.conf and it might result in pCP not
working so it could be best to burn a new image. It only takes me 8
seconds to burn a fresh image and couple of minutes to configure pCP. If
you are happy with putty then you can manually make a couple of
asound.conf just incase.

Here's a copy of the default asound.conf

    # default - Generated by piCorePlayer
  pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm "hw:0,0"
  }

  #---ALSA EQ Below--------
  ctl.equal {
  type equal;
  controls "/home/tc/.alsaequal.bin"
  library "/usr/local/lib/ladspa/caps.so"
  }

  pcm.plugequal {
  type equal;
  slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
  controls "/home/tc/.alsaequal.bin"
  library "/usr/local/lib/ladspa/caps.so"
  }

  pcm.equal {
  type plug;
  slave.pcm plugequal;
  }

--------------------

Here's a mono one that works for me, generated by pCP.

    # mono - Generated by piCorePlayer
  pcm.!default {
        type route
        slave.pcm "hw:1,0"