Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi rmac321,
>
> You will need to load the appropriate version of net-usb-xxxx.tcz.
>
> The net-usb extension contains various usb lan driver but I am not sure
> yours is supported.
>
> regards
> Greg

Greg,
Thanks for the help.  It didn't occur to me to try that for the enc28j60
since it is SPI, not USB.  I did use that setup to get the PiZero1.3
working with a usb lan adapter prior to wiring up and trying a new
install with the enc module.  I looked for an appropriate tcz file for
the enc but didn't find one.  Going deep in other threads, I had found
where Steen made a tcz extension for someone back around 2015 and
pCP2.00 or so.  I gave that a try but I was using pCP3.22 and it didn't
work.  I figured the extension was incompatible with the newer kernel or
it didn't work because enc28j60 is now in the device tree.  I had hoped
that since the enc28j60 overlay was present in the /PCP/overlays folder
that it was good to go in the pCP kernel.

I'll try the net-usb extension and report back.

SqueezeServer: LMS7.9.1 on Debian-Stretch
Wholehouse Audio: Squeezebox Receiver (Duet), 3 Squeezebox Controllers
Front Porch: PiCorePlayer 3.21 on Raspberry Pi Model B with HiFiBerry
DAC
Garage/Patio: PiCorePlayer 3.21 on Raspberry Pi 2B with HiFiBerry DAC
Extra Controllers: Orange Squeeze Android App, SqueezePlay
Future Plans: Pi3's and PiZeros with touchscreens and DACs
Retired: Wandboard with CSOS