thanks for the suggestions.  The issue seems to have died down, so I'm
not going to worry about it.  I was doing some configuration of
picoreplayer and LMS when this happened.  When I turned off the
Transporter, perhaps LMS was running in the background or something,
given the configuration changes I had made and synch'g up cache or
something, and thus causing this on/off behavior.  When it was
happening, if I shutdown LMS (using the web interface to picoreplayer),
the behavior would stop.  So, while I don't really understand it, it's
gone away, so I won't worry about it.  Thanks again.