Apesbrain wrote:
> It's essentially the same as Vortexbox: a linux OS wrapped around LMS.
> VB is built on Fedora while Daphile uses Gentoo; worth reading about.
> Good luck!
>
> https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=daphile
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_Linux
> http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/240040-daphile-audiophile-music-server-player-os.htmlSo
>  far so good Apesbrain [emoji3]. Library scanned in. Just had to edit
playlists to suit new paths. All my players are recognised. Sound
quality is great.
It's much lighter and simpler than vortexbox.
The only downside I can see is it's "just" a music server, were
vortexbox could handle video et al.
But it seems to do it much better at first look. I'll play with it over
the weekend before deciding to ditch the old vortexbox but it's looking
promising.
Thanks for the link.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.0 - 1395395852 @ Fri Apr 18 13:29:51
EDT 2014
Operating system: Vortexbox 2.3 (Fedora20 Heisenbug)
Squeezebox Touch: Firmware: 7.7.1-r9561
Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0
Squeezeslave
2 x RPI3 piCorePlayer 3.01