In my experience over the years, it has ALWAYS been the Power Supply
Units.  I have bought probably 10 - 15 [ we have over 20 players of
sorts].  I only ever had one unit fail (a touch screen, replaced under
warranty).  You will get 5v under no load, but when the PSU fails it
won't supply the current.  Your symptoms look like a PSU failure because
as soon as you try to do something, it calls for more juice and fails.

Try another PSU from a working (other) SB3, or buy one - at least 2A
rating.  Plenty on Amazon (wherever you are). 10 bucks.

And if you fix it, please post back with the cure.  Good luck.