With some great help from this forum I managed to set up a few rPi's and
also an LMS, all based on piCorePlayer.
All the players have 7" or 3,5" touch screens, but the server has none.

I thought it would be nice to have a small 16*2 or 20*4 LCD screen on
the server case with the ability to show the current status of the
server, amount of connected players, IP address, temperature, etc. etc.

When looking for information I found plenty tutorials to setup an LCD on
a 'regular' rPi installation, but I didn't manage to find it for the
TinyCore version.
I don't mind doing some research, but I need some starting points. Could
you help me with that?

Is LCDproc a right way to start? I found a nice tutorial here:

https://www.rototron.info/lcdproc-tutorial-for-raspberry-pi/

Or would it be better to work with python, like here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/RPLCD/0.3.0

And where could I retrieve the needed information? Because piCoreplayer
is running entirely in RAM, what would be the right location to search
for the current server-info?

Sorry if this is much more difficult to answer than I think it is, but
it surely would look nice.... :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Bart