I just built a player with a Pi 3 B+ and the 7” touchscreen and overall
it’s freaking awesome!

One issue, it won’t play my m4a files.

I store most of my music in flac and use this
(github.com/epatch/docker-beets) Beets docker container to convert to
m4a; which is using a complied ffmpeg that has libfdk-aac codec enabled
for transcoding.  Here is the Beets ffmpeg string I’m using for AAC:
ffmpeg -i $source -ac 2 -ar 44100 -y -vn -acodec libfdk_aac -vbr 5
$dest

Every transcoded m4a file it comes to will not play, it says something
like “failure to open file ...” and skips to the next file it can play,
which is one of my mp3 files; I don’t transcode the mp3 files to m4a.

I used a separate SD to try Volumio and it played the exact same m4a
files just fine so it’s not a limitation of the Pi.  How can I get pCP
to work with them?  I very much prefer pCP over Volumio.  I also tried

Thank you!