mherger wrote:
> Just a quick warning wrt. the 3B+ power consumption: it draws more power
>
> than the 3B. I did a drop-in replacement of an existing 3B with the 3B+,
>
> using the same power supply, cable, SD card. At some point I noticed I'd
>
> get the little flash in the upper right corner, warning about
> under-voltage or whatever. I didn't pay much attention until I came to
> realise that the LMS update would crash, likely due to too high power
> consumption. Much to my surprise the limiting factor wasn't the power
> supply (iPhone charger), but the cable! Replaced the cable with one of
> those nice, bright yellow UE charging cables, and voilà ! The LMS update
>
> succeeded, and no more yellow flash.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Yup, thinner/longer cables have higher voltage drops at higher currents.

Have experienced this a few times

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer
x3,Wandboard
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on
Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
*Music:* 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly
FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS