foxsam wrote:
> I have alot of other mp3 files and they all play. There is something
> strange/different about those files I just don't know what. All the
> files I was having trouble with were very lo bitrate (that was not the
> problem - I have other very low br too that works) so I just ran >
  >   > for file in *.mp3 ;do lame --resample 44.1 $file ./decoded/$file ; done
> >  and it seems to be working now. I just don't know what was wrong and
> would like to know.
> BTW on linux mint just playing the files as-is worked (not with
> squeezeplay).

I wonder what would happen if you explicitly listed acceptable sample
rates in Squeezelite's parameters, which I assume would force the server
to do sample rate conversion on the fly. I ran into trouble a couple
months ago with an MP3 encoded at 32kHz. It was a weird one-off, so once
I realized why I wasn't getting any sound I just moved on.