Greg,
1. If you could include the paste URL in your post it will make it
easier for us to find- not quite sure where that URL comes from, must be
from Pastebin, I will look out for it next time.
2. When you first did the 3.5.0 to 4.0.0-b5 upgrade and it didn't
connect, did you try multiple reboots?  - yes, first by cycling power,
then when I had connected an ethernet cable I selected reboot on the
front page.
3. the wifi passphrase with this release of pCP. It is only generated if
you use the [Wifi settings] web page - I note that while the SSID and
the Password are populated on the settings page, if you only enter the
Country Code then you are asked to enter the SSIS, Password and Country
Code.
4. You have an interesting collection of SSIDs in your area. Are the 7
"dog" SSIDs on the same wifi router? Yes, the neighbouring houses are
weekenders and rarely occupied and when my children and their friends
would come to stay there was always a hassle with passwords so I added
"guest" networks with their respective network name and passwords. The
dd-wrt is from a sloppily configured router in our attached cottage.
5. I note that there is no "Ping LMS test" info. Is that normal for you?
No, there is normally Ping LMS test info, but the server may have been
off.

Now, I regard this not carrying the SSID and password through a major
upgrade as a minor "nice to have" that can be fixed in the fullness of
time, not a showstopper.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
Three things I hate in life :
1. Vandalism
2. Irony
3. Lists