kingswindsor wrote:
> Hi, this is an intermittent problem I have had with one of my
> picoreplayers - RPi3 + IQaudio DAC + IQaudio AMP with 7" screen and lirc
> control.  What happens is that after resuming play after a pause, no
> sound comes out even though squeezelite appears to be working.  It then
> needs multiple re-boots until (for no apparent reason) it produces
> sound.   It then carries on working.   There is no low current or
> overheating going on when this occurs.  It has occurred with 3.2x, 3.5
> and today 4.0.
>
> I don't know if the cause is software or hardware and, to my untutored
> eye, the logs look normal except this pcp_boot.log.  Any advice would be
> appreciated and if I should investigate any other logs, please let me
> know.
>
> George
>
> Starting piCorePlayer setup...
> operand
> Done.
> Checking for newpcp.cfg on mmcblk0p1...
> Trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1.
> newpcp.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1.
> Setting piCore repository...Done.
> Generating drop-down list...Done.
> Starting wifi...
> sh: 3: unknown operand
> sh: 3: unknown operand
> Starting WiFi on wlan0...
> udhcpc: started, v1.27.2
> udhcpc: sending discover
> udhcpc: sending discover
> udhcpc: sending select for 192.168.1.72
> udhcpc: lease of 192.168.1.72 obtained, lease time 86400
> deleting routers
> route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
> adding dns 192.168.1.1
> Done.
> Waiting for soundcard IQaudIODAC to populate. Done (1).
> Waiting for network. Done (1).
> Starting ALSA configuration...No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
> Hardware is initialized using a generic method
> No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> .No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
> Hardware is initialized using a generic method
> No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> .No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
> Hardware is initialized using a generic method
> No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> .No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
> Hardware is initialized using a generic method
> No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> .No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
> Hardware is initialized using a generic method
> No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> .No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> Found hardware: "IQaudIODAC" "" "" "" ""
> Hardware is initialized using a generic method
> No state is present for card IQaudIODAC
> ALSA restore error!
> (7)
> Done.
> Starting lirc with Jivelite support...Done.
> Starting Openssh server...Done.
> [...]

Sorry if this is confusing to re-start a conversation from August but
the problem has come back and I have been able to collect the
pcp_squeezelite log to help diagnosis (hopefully)!

To re-cap: periodically, after resuming after a pause or turning on
after being off, the player looks as if it is playing normally but
produces no sound.  When it occurred in August, Paul asked for more
detailed squeezelite logs.  After a long period of working well, the
problem has returned.  The log is attached - I have cut out long periods
of repetition to leave:-
- Section 1 - from Boot to playing normally (sound OK)
- Section 2 - paused
- Section 3 - unpaused (looks as if it is playing OK but no sound)

Grateful for any advice.  It usually fixes itself after 3 re-boots but
annoying comes back periodically.

|Filename: pcp_squeezelite_log.txt                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25548|