Cool,

I belive the package you need is 'perl-io-socket-ssl'
(https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/perl-io-socket-ssl/http://)

Before installing it's probably a good idea to update your system. 'The
wiki' (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/System_maintenance) talks of
doing a few checks before this.

Namely a quick look to see if any services have failed.

    $ systemctl --failed
--------------------

And a quick peek at the logs to look for glaring errors.

    journalctl -p 3 -xb
--------------------

If you see anything funny with the last two commands post it here before
continuing.

It also suggests backing up but if you have not actually done much to
the system then I would personally take the risk and just update.

    sudo pacman -Syu

Keep a look out for any alerts during the above and again post here if
it is not obvious what to do.
If you have not done this before it might take a while and it will be
worth rebooting afterwards.

Install the required package

    sudo pacman -S perl-io-socket-ssl

Try to install Spotty again. It might thow up another missing
dependency.