@LivewareProblem

Good glad you got it working !
I may have a try myself and also possilbly try the Digispark Pro (more
I/O's)

@Paul-

Can you clarify something for me please ?
The documents for sbpd seem (or rather do) to say that its output is
sent by http to the server and this gives rise to the "Encoder speed"
problem
Does Squeezelite or Jivelite do the same when using say a USB keyboard
and would it have the same limitation ?
I guess I'm asking whether SL or JL "buffers" the volume control signal
and is therefore safer for people with high power system ?

Thanks

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly
FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS